What we call “Fire Insurance” in Japan covers not only damage caused by fire, but also natural disasters such as typhoons and snowstorms. It also covers incidents such as theft, water leakage, and damage caused by falling objects from the outside. For this reason, we use the expression “Property Insurance” in English, rather than “Fire Insurance”.

Property Insurance can be broadly divided into Homeowners insurance, Residents insurance, Renters insurance, and Earthquake insurance. Please click each insurance to learn more.
Coverage details, product/rider names, etc. vary by insurance company.

Homeowners Insurance

Residents Insurance