Renters insurance

About “Renters Insurance”*

Renters insurance is an insurance policy for residents renting property. The complete set of household goods in the rental property are covered. In addition to your own household goods, you will also be covered in the event of accidental damage to the rented property and legal liability to the landlord.

*Coverage details, product/rider names, etc. vary by insurance company.

What types of property are covered?

Renters insurance covers the complete set of household goods in a house, condominium, or apartment used as rental housing.

What can be insured?

You can take out insurance for your household goods.

What kind of accidents does “Renters Insurance” cover?

Insurance will be paid in the event of damage caused by fire, lightning, rupture/explosion, wind, hail, snow, water, falling/flying/colliding objects from outside the building, water leakage, violent acts associated with disturbances or group activities, theft/damage/defacement due to theft, or unforeseen and unexpected accidents.

What special coverage options are offered?

・Tenant liability cover

Coverage for those who live in rental properties. Compensation when the tenant damages the building and is legally liable to the landlord.

・Personal liability cover

Personal liability cover compensates in case you or your family injure another person or damage the property of another person due to an accident, resulting in legal liability.